Sunday, February 16, 2014

Meet the Teacher Monday: WHAT IF??

I'm getting a leg up on this week's Meet the Teacher Monday. Hopefully posting on Sunday, rather than Monday will give folks an opportunity to participate. Remember, my #1 rule, you can post ANY DAY of the week, not just Monday. I refer to my linky celebration as Meet the Teacher Monday for alliteration purposes. Posting on Monday is not a hard-fast rule; so, post when it's most convenient for you! 

Let's get this show on the road! For those of you who have previously participated, you know what to do. If you're new to the game follow these simple requests:

  1. Answer this weeks questions on your blog
  2. Return to my blog to link up
  3. Check out  two or three of the blogs that have linked up. It may be only two or three blogs that link up...LOL!! :-D

Meet The Teacher Monday: WHAT IF?

1. If you could stop a bad habit that you have, what habit would you stop?
Tardiness. I suffer from Chronic Lateness Syndrome (google it). The struggle is real. 

2. If you woke up suddenly because your house was on fire (God forbid), what three things would you grab?
  • My kids
  • My purse 
  • My iPhone
3. We live is a dystopian society, and the music police is in charge of all things music. If you were forced listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be? You can only pick one. 
UGH...this is a hard questions to answer. I need to think about this one. I guess, it would be something by Explosions in the Sky, probably Remember Me As A Time Of Day.



4. If you saw someone with their dress tucked into their SPANX, would you tell them? 
YES! This actually happened to me. I may have been a little tipsy at a Christmas party. I went to the restroom, and in my haste to get back to the party, somehow my dress got tucked into my SPANX.  So yes...I  was literately assed out. HAA HAA! Thank GAWD someone told me before I walked back into the party.

5. If you were given a time machine and could go back in time to give your younger self a message, what would that message be?
Geesh, where do I start? I would tell my young self the following:
"Life is about choices, both good and bad. Sometimes, things don't work out, but how you respond to struggles and obstacles will determine your destiny.  See struggles as weeds. From time to time you will find weeds among the wheat. The weeds are put there to distract you right before the harvest. You didn't sew the weeds, and you don't have to reap them; so, do not be discouraged. Don't waste your time trying to pull up the weeds, just keep moving forward.  Replace thoughts of worry with thoughts of positivity. Never let anyone steal your joy." 
6. If your were able to have one supernatural power, what power would it be?
I think I would want the ability to stop time, then I would never ever be late again!! HAA HAA!

7. If you could have 25 hours a day (while everyone else still has 24), what would you do with the extra hour?
To be honest, an extra hour would not make a difference. It would be just one more hour for me to complain about not having enough hours in the day. I need less workdays and more weekend.

8. If you could live in one time period, what time period would you choose?
As a woman of color. I choose to live in my current time period. People of color have been persecuted since the dawn of time (i.e. slavery, Rosewood Massacre, Civil Rights Movement...need I go on?). Although racism still exist today, I think I prefer to deal with today's racial climate, rather than the racial strife of the past. IF racism DIDN'T EXIST, I would probably choose to live in the 1960s, simply for the fashion.

9.  If you could live anywhere in the world (cost is not a factor), where would you live? California, yes...Cali! My shallow reason for choosing the west coast revolves around my hair. With no humidity, my hair in Cali is amazing. It's like those runway models who walk down the runway and their hair is flowing in the breeze and there's no fan blowing. 

10. If you could have a grand party, and invite any 3 people in the world (dead or live, real or fictional), who would you invite?
  1. Holly Golightly (From Breakfast at Tiffany's)
  2. The ladies from Sex and the City (Yes, that's more than one.)
  3. Oprah. She's going to bankroll this shindig and all of her contacts will be my guests! BOOYAH!
Your turn!



3 comments:

  1. I love your weekly link ups! Thank you so much for another amazing set of questions Trina!! What party of Cali do you think you'd want to live in!?! There are so many different parts of California. I grew up in the Bay Area, and then lived in Orange County for five years for college and my first year of marriage. I loved both places, even though they are so different!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. California would be a wonderful place to live. So glad I checked out your linky finally - and I linked up. Look forward to joining more.

    ReplyDelete